Monday, February 4, 2008

Review for "7 Virgins"

First off, sorry for not reviewing last Thursday. But enough of that let's start shall we?


Let's first start off with a quick plot summary of 7 Virgins. It is about a boy named Tano, played by the gorgeous Juan José Ballesta. Tano is just released from jail in Spain in order to attend his brothers wedding. While away everything has changed in the city that he has grown up. He does the traditional things that he normally does such as has sex, steal, take drugs, and basically does everything that he was not allowed to in jail. But being away in jail so long has made him realise how much different the outside world is. Jail almost makes him more mature and he seems to want to get away from the life that used to be habit. The story is basically following him during the 48 hour leave from jail that Tano is given.

7 Virgins



7 virgins tano
Tano and Richi

I personally liked this movie even though my mates did not enjoy it. They did not see the excitement in just watching normal, everday life. Or maybe I'm just weird because I actually enjoyed watching as Tano realised that he was suddenly mature and didn't want to deal with society anymore. When he was young he did drugs, had sex, stole, and basically was a perfect teenager in most cases. While in jail he didn't really learn his lesson. I think he learned his lesson when he came out on the outside. He saw how everything was and how much of it was just not worth it. His best friend, Richi (played by Jesús Carroza), was still in the life that Tano would have been following. Tano noticed that Richi's life may be fun, but it wasn't really going anywhere. He in fact noticed that none of his friends had lives that were in particular greatness. It was Tano's realisation at the end that he didn't want to live his life anymore as he currently was. he wanted a completely fresh start. This is why he refused to go back to jail, and in fact literally ran away. This literal running away was his running away from his old life into his new. He had grown up to be a more mature and more aware man.


7 virgins group
Tano's Friends


I think this is sort of how I feel with how I am. I m currently in the phase where the movie ended. I am sick of all the teenager stuff. I am done with the drugs, I am sick of the sex, and I definately don't steal anymore. I guess maybe it's the whole persona of Aram growing up really fast or something, but I am tired of night clubs. Not because I don't love going to them, because I still do, but more of because of what they are. They are big hookup sights, and I ask why? Why are they created just so that people can go and find someone to go and have a one night stand with? I personally go there mainly to enjoy dancing with friends, and I don't need alcohol for this to happen. I enjoy the music, which is sometimes too loud; I enjoy the dancing; and I enjoy the company. I guess I am at the stage where I would almost prefer to be anti-social. I guess it is true what they say about mathematicians. We are all married, just not with humans, with books instead. And I really would rather be married with a mathematics book than with any person. People disgust me and make no logical sense. That is why I am digging deeper into mathematics. In fact I have pushed so far I am attempting to prove something no one has been able to do for a few centuries now. I basically just want to work on problems and not to involve myself in the petty little politics of university students. Maybe being old is not always a good thing, but in this instance I find it very comforting.

With his head in the book
-Aram the Garmo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed your review of 7 Virgins, which we're releasing in North America 10-28-08. http://picturethisent.com/titles/7virgins/index.html

Here's to math!
Jason, Picture This!