Thursday, September 13, 2007

Edinburgh: Travel/Day 1

Hello again world, I am back! So no photos yet, but they should be uploaded once I unload myself in Leeds. For now I will just explain everything that is happening with the travel and my experience in Edinburgh!

My travels were amazingly simple. I took a plane from LAX to SFO then from SFO to London Heathrow. I was flying United, which I highly unrecommend. Never use united if you can stand it. Talk about 9 hours on a plane, and they don't even have decent music. They don't even give you movies to watch. So, basically, if you want to not be bored the whole trip, you bring your own entertainment. I assumed I wouldn't need entertainment though cause I thought I would sleep on the plane. In fact I relied on that since I woke up at 7pm on 10 Sept CA time and left SFO at around 1 pm 11 Sept CA time. So I assumed I would sleep a few winks on the flight. Not true though. I couldn't even sleep. Near the end of the trip I slept around 10 minutes or so before the freaking flight attendant came and woke me up in order to give me breakfast! Stupid waitor, if I am asleep, leave me asleep! But, oh well. I got to London and had to stand through immigration... which is HELL! Talk about standing in queue for an hour in order to just enter the country. Once I got up there it was fairly quick to go to baggage and off to the London Tube. The tube was fun also. I heard some new interesting words like foof. It was used in the following contest "I didn't want to foof around with my emails." Now I have this urge to use that word. I don't even know why. I also heard them use the word goodo! Now that is a fun time. And they used the phrase "speak then" it reminded me of GJ and home. At the end of the tube journey I then proceeded to go to the train station in order to take my train to Edinburgh. At this point I ordered my first food item from the UK! I bought a sandwhich. It was not very good, but it was much better than the US food. At this point I took the train up. The train was funny because they booked my seat to 2 different people and there was no room for my luggage... so I had to sit on my luggage basically, and the other person just sat next to me since the person who reserved the seat next to me never showed up. I felt sorry for the girl who sat near me though because by this point in my journey I was smelly due to BO since I had been running and carrying heavy stuff and hadn't showered in over a day! So once I got to Edinburgh I took a taxi to my hotel and checked in and took a shower. And that is how I got to Edinburgh!

Now time for Edinburgh. Edinburgh is such a beautiful city. I may just move here instead of London when I am done. Once we got here we walked to a meadow and hung out for a little and then went to a restauraunt called Monster Mash. The food was pretty good, but I was able to order my first alcoholic beverage which was fun. I ordered a heineken! The beer here is soooo much better. So that night we all went to a pub called the black bull and just hung out trying to beat jet lag. During this time I watched some football and had another pint and a half. So by the end of the night I was still sober but content :). By 9 at night we couldn't stand it any longer and meandered our way back to the hotel. At around 10 at night I crashed.

And that was 12 Sept! I will talk more on 13 Sept later, but for now I must hang out and meet more people so I'm out!

Pleasantly not completely sober :-P
Aram the Garmo

No comments: