Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Recollecting the Past

Is it worth it for us to live in the past or should we keep moving forward? Taking our old selves and making a new sense of identity in order to relive life in a new way. To maybe try things again, to start over in a sense. What brought on this idea? I was editing my website (which is shit as it is!) and my first intent was to clean up the poems section. Of course I had to sit and read EVERY poem I had and categorise them so that I can see which ones I actually want to keep on the website. And as I was looking I noticed something pretty cool. I actually had some decent poetry. It is hard to imagine; Aram the mathematical Garmo with no artistic talent has a decent poem? And then I noticed most of the poems were written around the same time and centred around the same subject. I'll first write them down so you can see them and then I will discuss them.



Bodily Temptations

The eyes of brown,
The hair the same.
His maddened looks
Drive me insane.
His cool caress,
Those arms of steel,
His nice warm touch,
As if unreal.
The sweetest voice,
The nicest song.
The nicest dressed.
For dancing long,
The finest feet.
The craziest mind.
And in the end,
I may have him.


Stars

Look at the stars,
Aren’t they far?
Can you believe
That they can be sought?
We can go hold them,
We can go touch them,
We can achieve them.
But some just cant jump.
I have been jumping
Up to the sky
Trying to reach
The stars very high.
Today I jumped
In a brand new way,
And found out
It was better that day.
I jumped up,
And I felt a star.
Heaven was near,
But still very far.
And so now I practice
And try to go higher.
Eventually I will,
But for now im just tired.


Heaven

Walk down
Grab and pull
Close up
Scent of you
Feel of you
Taste of you
Let go
Smile
Heaven



All of these were written on 10 June 2004. So of course I thought I would look them up in my LJ and see what was happening in my life during that time to see why I was so exuberant about love. And then I went on a whole trip almost into my school years. So I'll give a quick background as to what was happening in Aram's life at this point so you know where I was in my life.

The 10th was the day right after I had my first date with a boy ever. We went laser tagging and then we went to a private location to makeout for a little while. He wanted more, but I wasn't willing to give it since it was only my first time. Then we felt the feel of exhilaration as we sped down the highway at over 100 mph with our windows rolled down. It was bliss.

Obviously, I was in an ecstatic moment in my life. I felt life could not get any better, and it probably hasn't gotten much better, but it has matured. I wait for the day this feeling returns, and I feel it almost has. I am feeling close to the same emotions as I was before, but I am currently not as artistic. I can't just sit and write poetry as I once did, instead I sit and create dance. It's a weird feeling creating art in the presence of lust. So of course as I am in a state of lust my gay side has been flowering like crazy. Talk about sadness though. Here I was last week stating how I was going to go straight and begin working on maths and actually fixing my life, but instead now I feel like jumping off the roof and doing a dance to my grave. I feel like expressing joy in a dance that no one has ever seen before. This is the time I should have created my dance piece because it would have turned out to be very good instead of the crap it ended up being.

So now back to my question of whether or not it is worth it to go back in life and see what our past was. I think it is very good. It allows us to remember things we usually do not recall. It shows us that those good days may be few and far between, but that they are so good that they are worth striving for. It shows us who we are and how we respond to those around us. It enlightens us to see how we have changed over time, whether we have matured and learned the things we intended or even accomplished the goals that we started. So I am off to recollect on my past and see what new things I should focus on. I hope my website will eventually relaunch so that the world can share in my hopes and dreams, but until then goodbye.

With artistic license,
-Aram the Garmo

No comments: