Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Busy Life

So I was talking to my friend Alberto the other day and I realised why I'm going crazy. The main reason is because I am absolutely not busy enough. I am going to compare what I do now on a daily basis as compared to what I used to do last year in order to show the difference in activity level.

This year:
  • Dance Expose
  • 5 classes (semester system)
  • LGBT Society
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Applying for Masters Program
  • Finding somewhere to live next year


And that is pretty much all. Now compare it to just last year.

Last Year:
  • Telemark Dance Troupe
  • 6 classes (quarter system)
  • LGBT Centre
  • President of a fraternity
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Finding out requisies for Teaching Credentials
  • Applying for Study Abroad in UK
  • Working around 15-20 hours per week
  • Participating in the Student Board of Directors for Sodexho
  • Working with a trade union to help them unionise
  • Going to Theatre performances for Dance Major


Now of course it isn't that huge of a difference, but it's enough to make me outrageously bored now, and with nothing to do. It has caused me to think a lot and also streamline my life even more, which also gives me more free time unfortunately.

I think this may be one of the reasons I can't wait to go back to California since life there is much more welcoming to being busy. I can easily get a job, and can easily make myself super busy super quickly. And with my new computer next year, I can easily restart playing video games once I do get more time.

So as for now, I try to make due with the time I have, but boredom causes me to not work which then causes me to get behind everything. I need more work stress in my life.

In complete boredom,
-Aram the Garmo

No comments: