Saturday, May 17, 2008

Impossible Dreams

It's sort of funny how people tend to have impossible dreams. It helps them move forward and be able to accomplish more than they ever would have been able to otherwise. But sometimes it can turn a person lethargic due to the fact they don't know how to accomplish their dream, or they have so many dreams they don't know which to pursue. I seem to fall under the latter category.

I feel like there are so many different things I want to accomplish in life there has got to be absolutely no time to ever actually do everything I want. I think not even 100 years is going to be enough to be able to do all I want, which is a sad yet realistic ideal. I blame most of it on my inability to sleep less than 9 hours a night. This takes a large chunk out of my day. I wish I was like normal humans who only needed around 7 hours of sleep, and like most teenagers who can survive on 2. But unfortuantely I am not and so I have less time to accomplish the impossible.

Now if you are like my dad, you will probably think that nothing is impossible. If you set your mind to it you can accomplish any goal you ever wanted. Now although I believe that for most things, I feel that there are limitations. An example, it is currently impossible to stand in the center of the Earth. That would be one dream that would literally be impossible. You would be dead by the time you got there. But my impossibility relies more on the fact that I have so many goals in life that I will never be able to accomplish all of them. To understand I will list most of my goals in life:

  • Teach a child math well enough for them to be the next 'genius' in mathematics.
  • Solve Fermat's last theorem using only theorems available to him.
  • Prove that there are infintely many twin primes.
  • Understand all topics of mathematics.
  • Understand all topics of Chemsitry.
  • Understand all topics of Physics.
  • Contribute something to the field of Physics.
  • Understand the ideas of most (famous) philosophers.
  • Perform in an actual dance company.
  • Write a science fiction book.
  • Create a website (that people actually visit).
  • Be listened to.
  • Get married.
  • Learn the following languages:
    • Italian
    • French
    • German
    • Swedish
    • Arabic
    • Chinese (Mandarin)
    • Japanese
    • Latin
    • Greek
    • Russian
  • Stay on top of video games.
  • Read over 100 books
  • And probably other things I can't remember right now


So as you can see my list is fairly long and will not ever be accomplished. I don't even know where to really begin. I feel like my life takes turns. One second my entire dream is to be a professional dancer, and then the next I'm back to being a computer geek, and then the next I'm on a teaching frenzy. It's like I jump from topic to topic never being able to accomplish anything in any one topic because of it. I don't know where to begin and so I don't know where to end. I also feel being social with friends hinders my goals. The only reason I feel they hinder me is when they want to go out clubbing. Now don't get me wrong, I love going clubbing, but it ends up wasting so much time. That is at least 5 hours of your life that you are ruining because you are going out. It helps that I prefer not to get drunk so that the next day I feel more refreshed, but clubbing takes a lot out of you. I wish sometimes it was easy to live without friends.

Well, those are my impossible dreams. My true goal in life is to accomplish just one of those. Which one, I have no idea, but I hope one day it will come to me.

Unpredictably yours,
-Aram the Garmo

No comments: