Thursday, April 3, 2008

Travelling

Sorry for the long break inbetween posts. I am currently in the middle of spring break and so have been travelling and studying so I haven't had time to update you with information. Today I will be talking about my adventures from the past weeks and the big adventure coming up ahead.


One of the biggest adventures of this break has so far been going to Southport near Liverpool. It's actually a really cute city with a population of around 100,000 people. I think the best part was how small the gay community was. It allowed all of the young gays to be able to hang out with the older gays. I personally enjoyed this because it allows you to be able to communicate with more mature men that are (hopefully) not only looking for sexual relations. It also was the type of town where everyone seemed to know everyone else just by walking down the street. Even though that can be weird, Southport was also big enough that you can actually disappear in it and have no one notice you.


The reason I went to Southport was in order to visit one of my friends, Roy, and to see another city outside of Leeds in the UK. By doing this I was able to meet some of Roy's friends. Roy's friends are very awesome and I was able to enjoy myself with their presence. One of the nights we went out to a club called Underground. It wasn't my type of music but oddly enough I enjoyed the club very much. I didn't get up to dance at all, but just sort of relaxed the whole time. It gave me a very comforting feeling to be able to just sit there and relax and not have to dance the whole night away. Another one of the nights we went to a pub called the Crown. The crown had much more of my music, but again I was not really in the complete mood to dance. Although, I did end up dancing, I felt like I did it half heartadly. I must state that Southport did have some attractive men there.

When not clubbing, or sleeping, I felt like I was eating Roy's mother's cooking. She is a culinary expert and so her cooking was amazing. I felt like I could not stop eating. That could have been because it was actually true. Her cooking was very good and I literally couldnt stop. I did feel rude though by eating all of their food and so I usually stopped before I was full so that I wouldn't finish eating all of their supplies. Roy's family is also very nice and very comforting. It took me a while to get into the way they were and to be able to get the to come out of their shells, but eventually I got to really see them and they were completely amazing and I loved them.

That unfortunately was all I did at Southport. I also had forgotten my camera at home so I didn't take any pictures unfortunately. But, tomorrow something better is happening. I will be taking my best vacation thus far. I am going to Paris, France! (And yes, I will be taking my camera). So I will be leaving tomorrow for Paris. Expect a huge blog with tons of pictures right when I return.

With Great Anticipation,
-Aram the Garmo

No comments: