Friday, April 11, 2008

What others think.

Section 1 - Mama; My Chemical Romance
Does it ever annoy you not knowing exactly what someone else is thinking?
"Mama we're all full of lies." "I could have been a better son" by trying harder to be able to understand the little cues that people give off. "You ain't no son of mine for what you have done," said mama who knew the truth. "Mama we all go to hell!' I replied.

Section 2 - No Hay Igual; Nelly Furtado
'"No quiero otro." I don't want another. You are the only son that we shall have,' she said staring balatantly at me. '"No hay igual." There is no equal.' She screamed, 'so stop trying.' This is his life she thought and I am not going to mess. He must learn on his own. "El tiempo pasa." The time passed as mama waited for me to learn my lesson. She thought, it may be too late. I knew that fact long ago as the beat went on and the dance grooved to an end.

Section 3 - Apologise; One Republic
She stared at me. '"I'm hearing what you're saying, but I just can't make a sound." "You tell me that you need me," and then you cut me off. "It's too late to apologise," so stop trying. By now you should have learned your lesson. "I loved you with a dying red," but now "I'm afraid" it's over. You haven't learned with those around you. "It's too late to apologise" for your stupidity and unwillingness to learn. I put you out there on your own and you did nothing with it. "It's to late to apologise" for not trying hard enough to learn all the lessons on your own. You wanted to be left alone, and you were. And now you know nothing of the real world.' She yelled as I stormed out the room.

Section 4 - One and Only; Timbaland featuring Fallout Boy
As I left my mind was racing. Thoughts flying. "I get over heels for someone, I that I really can't deal with. I want to block her out my mind, but I really can't do it." If only I had listened to her words I would know. The thoughts in his head would be mine. I would have learned. "I tell myself this is the last time I'ma let him do this to me. Whenever we do spend time I realise that I can't get enough of you." And it hurts to see the passion taken away. "to be despised, to be loved, to be dreamt of, to be sought, to be inside, I don't care. Right in the middle, I'm right in the middle" of going crazy. I just want to pull my hair out as I try and imagine what to do. "And everything I love about is a mess" for so does the world. "I want to be better than I am." I turn and see my reflection. Tears streaming, thoughts encompassing as I imagine him standing there. With my mother to my right a smirk appears. "Wipe that smile off your fucking face." "How could you do this to me" he said running away. Away in my mind he runs. Even my mind makes him run. I run and catch up. "why we arguing, I thought me and you were supposed to be friends. Let's chill for a minute," I yelled. But it landed on deaf ears. He was gone. And I was left, alone.

Section 5 - Stick to the Status Quo; High School Musical
And so I run off. I need my own world to live in. "If Troy can tell his secret than I can tell mine," I want to be perfect. The world to work the way I want. "stick to the stuff you know" is what I keep saying. "Intelligence beyond compare" is what they tell me, but it's all false. "Hip-hop is my passion" is what I yell, but my body does not follow, but I am sick of it. In my own world I follow the "need that I cannot deny." So, "I am ready to let it fly." I turn on the music and dance my heart out. The crowd around yells, "no no no, stick to the stuff you know." I refuse. My passion burns and I must let it out. If I can't have what I want in the real world, I'll have it in my own world. As I do a quadruple turn and land perfectly I realise what I am doing is untrue. "This is not what I want, this is not what I planned, and I just got to say, I do not understand. Something is really, really wrong!" "I have to get things back to where they belong." I leave my imaginary world, and return to the real world. "Why is everyone staring at me?" They all yell "Stick to the stuff you know." How do I do that though? What do I know? I can't read people's minds. Am I supposed to follow the dance? Am I suppoed to follow the maths? Am I supposed to teach the world everything? WHAT AM I TO DO!?

Section 6 - Seize the Day; newsies
"Open the gates and seize the day." "No on can make us." I must make myself. I must "arise and seize the day." I can't just sit and pretend others will help me. I must find it myself. But if a travel to a foreign country can't help what will. I thought I knew the world, only to be slapped in the face. "One for all, and all for one." Is that not what it's supposed to be like. All equal in the world, and yet it isn't. "nothing can break us" they scream from the streets. But I am broken. My soul not strong enough. I thought I could give in, but even the simplest things break us apart.

Section 7 - Survive; Gloria Gaynor
No, I will not let it happen. "At first I was afraid, I was petrified" looking at my broken barriers. "But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong, and I grew strong, and I learned" and I built more barriers. "Go on now go, walk out the door, just turn around now, cause your not welcome anymore." "You think I would crumble? You think I would lay down and die?" Fuck that shit. I can make myself strong. "I got all my life to live, I got all my love to give." One moment of weakness will not become my downfall. "It took all the strength I had not to fall apart." But I managed and grew from it. "I used to cry, but now I hold my head up high." I will be better and stronger. With a mask pulled over my broken self I learn.

I no longer learn from the mother who never spoke, or the friends who never helped. I never learned from the books who never taught, or the teachers who never enlightened. I never grasped knowledge from myself. I was forced into the world only to fall and drown. The only way I learned to cope was to build a fortress around the moat that was already created. A castle with high walls. And in this fortress, I occasionally bring down the gate and let a human in, but no more. Each time, it hurts. The pain unbearable. The suffering immense. All because I allowed myself to fall, to open the gates and let them in. No more will it happen. I am over the whole episode. If I am to devote myself to anything it will no longer be to worldly obsessions. I will be.. and will forever be... insanity.

No comments: